Industry: Electric Utility
Job Function: Accounting
Entry Level: Yes
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: Master's Degree
Min Experience: 5-7 Years
Required Travel: None
Salary: $70.00 - $80.00 (Yearly Salary)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Controller at the direction of the CFO and CEO when applicable provides leadership, guidance, and direction along with the senior management staff in order to ensure that Greenwood Utilities conducts its business in accordance with the mission, goals and objectives established by the Greenwood Utilities Commission and CEO. In the absence of the CFO, the Controller will carry out the CFO’s duties and responsibilities.
Responsible for oversight and accuracy of routine accounting tasks, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, recording data in a computerized accounting system and performing monthly tasks, such as preparing income statements and balance sheets. Supervises periodic audits of the company’s accounts; analyzes information available to provide data necessary to help complete a budget, tracks company’s cash flow to better assist in the management of assets and liabilities. Facilitates and verifies the seamless integration of the accounting, utility billing and customer service software component systems.
Reviews the reconciliation of all bank statements, verifies accuracy of deposits, transfers, and debits reported by the bank to cash receipts and disbursement records. Creates or reviews monthly journal entries associated with cash receipts/accounts receivable, cash disbursements/accounts payable, and payroll; reviews reconciliations of all month-end reports generated through customer billing, reviews required year-end tax information forms and reports, reviews monthly sales tax reports and remittance to the Mississippi State Tax Commission.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required; Master’s degree in Accounting is preferred.
- 7 or more years of applicable accounting experience and 5 or more years of demonstrated highly successful supervisory experience and leadership are required.
- Must be CPA, OR Have 7 or more years of progressive multi-functional accounting experience within a public utility, electric cooperative or investor owned utility and be fully proficient in all utility accounting functions.
- Demonstrated accounting software proficiency is required. Experience with Utility industry software such as SEDC, NISC, CSA etc. is preferred, but not required.
- IT/Network hardware/software experience is preferred, but not required.
• Post ID: 13443822 northmiss